Spring Clean Your Food Choices
Have you done your spring cleaning? Is your house fresh and clean? Did you add to the list your pantry and refrigerator? A healthy diet will help support a healthy mouth. If you can take the time to make your own food and snacks, you will gain nutrients and skip on the added sugars and fats. Most processed, packaged foods are packed with unwanted additives and sugars.
Here are a few of our favorite swaps:
- Trade deep fried chips for heirloom popcorn.
- Ditch bottled salad dressing and make your own.
- Switch out ketchup or ranch dipping sauce, try hummus
- Avoid the drive-through fast food habit, plan a crock-pot meals.
- Trade boxed macaroni and cheese for homemade whole grain pasta and low fat cheese.
- Instead of sugary popsicles, try homemade popsicles made with yogurt or real fruit juice.
- Stop the syrupy soda pop, bring on water with a slice of lemon.