Toledo, Ohio dental practice, Frankel Dentistry, have been Changing Loves a Smile at a Time since 1946. Voted Best of Toledo for 8 consecutive years by the reader’s of The City Paper, this dental practice loves what they do. Their always better attitude is focused on offering the best dental experience.
Patients become dental family. It is not surprising to have third and even fourth generation patients. The doctors and staff at both the Toledo and Maumee location are accessible, professional and feel caring their dental family is a privilege. They are grateful to care for your smile.
Spring is the season for cleaning. Check out these tips from Frankel Dentistry.
Spring Cleaning for Your Health
Spring is here and it’s a great time to clean out your house. Rainy day? Perfect time to get some extra cleaning down before the weather gets nice. Make a list and prioritize what you want to accomplish as your health should always be at the top of the list!
Here are some suggested areas to clean that can affect your health:
1) Toothbrush – when is the last time you replaced yours? It’s recommend to replace our toothbrush at least every 2 months and more often if sick.
2) Bathroom – wipe down and disinfect anything and everything in your bathroom – this includes toothbrush holders and medicine cabinets that may touch your oral hygiene products .
3) Food pantry – is your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy snacks? Now is a good time to go through any old expired items or items you wish to trade in for healthier alternatives.
4) Carpets – winter can track some much dirt and dust and really affect your health if you have allergies.
5) Dusting – clean under the bed, top of the bookshelves, picture frames and any place where dust can collect.
Your total health affects the health of your mouth, so make sure to keep both in the best shape.
Spring sports season is here and what better time to get your athlete the proper facial protection they need for their contact sports. Football players are not the only ones who need to wear sports guards. Basketball, lacrosse, baseball, field hockey, soccer are all sports in which the American Dental Association recommends athletes wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth.
Frankel Dentistry is proud to make custom mouth guards for their patients. Guards are recommended to be worn not only during competitions/games but also at practices. Guards should fit properly and be durable. It is also important to clean your guard regularly.
If your athlete does have a sports injury involving their mouth, don’t hesitate to call us 24/7. Our patients are our family and we want to provide the best dental care especially in an emergency.