How do you know if a dentist is right for you? Ask around. What if you have a small social circle or just moved to an area? Check out the reviews!
Frankel Dentistry has been Changing Lives a Smile at a Time since 1946. A long-standing commitment to offering the best dental experience can be seen in the patient reviews.
Jonathan Frankel, D.D.S. Toledo, Ohio
I go every 6 months for my routine dental cleaning!! I absolutely love the staff. Everyone is so nice and Welcoming!! So the girl that cleaned my teeth that day did an awesome job and my smile looked so white, fresh and clean. When the doctor came to talk to me, he was a very nice man. He explained everything to me and answered all my questions and made me feel at ease!! I love coming to the dentist now because I go to Dr. Frankel’s office!!
I absolutely love coming to my appointments! The Dr. Frankel, Dr. D and the whole staff is great! For the first time in a very long time, I love going to the dentist. I leave feeling great and knowing I’m in good hands.
My daughter said the staff was very friendly and were very patient with her. She loves Frankel dentistry and would be more than glad to give you guys the thumbs up. Thank you so much.
So happy with the service and quality of dental services at Frankel!! My daughter was very self conscious about her smile and Frankel is all about the cosmetic appearance. They completely understood and worked magic. Now she’s confident with her smile and I’m so grateful to everyone at Frankel for the wonderful experience.
I despised the dentist. So much so I didn’t go for years. I regret doing that but so so happy I became a patient here. Incredibly kind, funny and make me feel more comfortable in a place that makes me cringe than I ever thought possible. I legit love them there.
Keeping your child’s mouth healthy is crucial to their total body health. As parent’s and caregivers, we need to take them to the dentist for their required exams and cleanings, ensure they receive a balanced, healthy diet, encourage a healthy lifestyle and make sure their teeth are brushed twice daily and flossed at least once a day. Children don’t need to have all of their teeth to need to start flossing.
The flossing part seems to be forgotten about by most patients. Once teeth touch each other, they need to be flossed. Sometimes it can be the front teeth and sometimes it’s just the back molars. If you are unsure, ask your dental team!
Dr. Frankel shares 5 tips on how to keep flossing part of your child’s routine from the start:
1) Floss every single night – PERIOD.
2) Decorate your box of floss with stickers to get kids engaged
3) Make a chart or visual image to help children remember that brushing and flossing goes hand-in-hand.
4) Have your child try to floss your teeth – play dentist!
5) Watch a video on how to floss teeth – try YouTube!
Patients schedule appointments for a variety of reasons including anything from a routine hygiene cleaning to a toothache. It’s important to listen to your body and never ignore or put off any signs that something is not right in your mouth. Put your health first and make the appointment – the sooner a problem is detected the better and it could save you in the long run.
Here are 12 reasons you need to see a dentist:
1) You experience pain or swelling in mouth, face or neck
2) You have inflamed gums or a history of gum disease
3) You are not proud of your smile
4) Your dental history includes fillings, crowns, bridges – this work needs to be monitored.
5) You have ongoing medical issues such as diabetes, eating disorders, cardiovascular disease or HIV positive.
6) You are pregnant – it is safe to still go to the dentist.
7) You have difficulty eating and chewing and avoid eating certain foods.
8) You suffer from dry mouth
9) You use tobacco of any form
10) You experience jaw pain
11) You notice mouth sores or spots or have been diagnosed with oral cancer.
12) Your teeth are healthy – it’s important to maintain your twice a year checkups and hygiene cleanings.
Toledo, Ohio dental practice, Frankel Dentistry, have been Changing Loves a Smile at a Time since 1946. Voted Best of Toledo for 8 consecutive years by the reader’s of The City Paper, this dental practice loves what they do. Their always better attitude is focused on offering the best dental experience.
Patients become dental family. It is not surprising to have third and even fourth generation patients. The doctors and staff at both the Toledo and Maumee location are accessible, professional and feel caring their dental family is a privilege. They are grateful to care for your smile.
Spring is the season for cleaning. Check out these tips from Frankel Dentistry.
Spring Cleaning for Your Health
Spring is here and it’s a great time to clean out your house. Rainy day? Perfect time to get some extra cleaning down before the weather gets nice. Make a list and prioritize what you want to accomplish as your health should always be at the top of the list!
Here are some suggested areas to clean that can affect your health:
1) Toothbrush – when is the last time you replaced yours? It’s recommend to replace our toothbrush at least every 2 months and more often if sick.
2) Bathroom – wipe down and disinfect anything and everything in your bathroom – this includes toothbrush holders and medicine cabinets that may touch your oral hygiene products .
3) Food pantry – is your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy snacks? Now is a good time to go through any old expired items or items you wish to trade in for healthier alternatives.
4) Carpets – winter can track some much dirt and dust and really affect your health if you have allergies.
5) Dusting – clean under the bed, top of the bookshelves, picture frames and any place where dust can collect.
Your total health affects the health of your mouth, so make sure to keep both in the best shape.
Spring sports season is here and what better time to get your athlete the proper facial protection they need for their contact sports. Football players are not the only ones who need to wear sports guards. Basketball, lacrosse, baseball, field hockey, soccer are all sports in which the American Dental Association recommends athletes wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth.
Frankel Dentistry is proud to make custom mouth guards for their patients. Guards are recommended to be worn not only during competitions/games but also at practices. Guards should fit properly and be durable. It is also important to clean your guard regularly.
If your athlete does have a sports injury involving their mouth, don’t hesitate to call us 24/7. Our patients are our family and we want to provide the best dental care especially in an emergency.
Thanks to the Best Patients in Ohio, Frankel Dentistry has been voted Best of Toledo by the readers of City Paper for 8 consecutive years.
Grateful to have served the Toledo Area through Dentistry since 1946 our passion is to Serve All. Dentistry has changed a lot since the 1940s and so have we. Always Better, we embrace technology and consider our patients dental family.
It is a privilege to be Changing Lives, a Smile at a Time by offering The Best Dental Experience.