Toledo, Ohio dental practice, Frankel Dentistry, have been Changing Loves a Smile at a Time since 1946. Voted Best of Toledo for 8 consecutive years by the reader’s of The City Paper, this dental practice loves what they do. Their always better attitude is focused on offering the best dental experience.
Patients become dental family. It is not surprising to have third and even fourth generation patients. The doctors and staff at both the Toledo and Maumee location are accessible, professional and feel caring their dental family is a privilege. They are grateful to care for your smile.
Spring is the season for cleaning. Check out these tips from Frankel Dentistry.
Spring Cleaning for Your Health
Spring is here and it’s a great time to clean out your house. Rainy day? Perfect time to get some extra cleaning down before the weather gets nice. Make a list and prioritize what you want to accomplish as your health should always be at the top of the list!
Here are some suggested areas to clean that can affect your health:
1) Toothbrush – when is the last time you replaced yours? It’s recommend to replace our toothbrush at least every 2 months and more often if sick.
2) Bathroom – wipe down and disinfect anything and everything in your bathroom – this includes toothbrush holders and medicine cabinets that may touch your oral hygiene products .
3) Food pantry – is your pantry and fridge stocked with healthy snacks? Now is a good time to go through any old expired items or items you wish to trade in for healthier alternatives.
4) Carpets – winter can track some much dirt and dust and really affect your health if you have allergies.
5) Dusting – clean under the bed, top of the bookshelves, picture frames and any place where dust can collect.
Your total health affects the health of your mouth, so make sure to keep both in the best shape.
Spring sports season is here and what better time to get your athlete the proper facial protection they need for their contact sports. Football players are not the only ones who need to wear sports guards. Basketball, lacrosse, baseball, field hockey, soccer are all sports in which the American Dental Association recommends athletes wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth.
Frankel Dentistry is proud to make custom mouth guards for their patients. Guards are recommended to be worn not only during competitions/games but also at practices. Guards should fit properly and be durable. It is also important to clean your guard regularly.
If your athlete does have a sports injury involving their mouth, don’t hesitate to call us 24/7. Our patients are our family and we want to provide the best dental care especially in an emergency.
Thanks to the Best Patients in Ohio, Frankel Dentistry has been voted Best of Toledo by the readers of City Paper for 8 consecutive years.
Grateful to have served the Toledo Area through Dentistry since 1946 our passion is to Serve All. Dentistry has changed a lot since the 1940s and so have we. Always Better, we embrace technology and consider our patients dental family.
It is a privilege to be Changing Lives, a Smile at a Time by offering The Best Dental Experience.
Celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month with a New Change
Regularly Scheduled Dental Visits
February is Children’s Dental Health month. In honor of this topic, we encourage parent’s and caregivers to choose one healthy habit for their children to focus on changing. Parent’s and caregivers are the best examples for their children.
Here are some examples of healthy habits to focus on this month:
Parents Make the Difference
1) Think before you drink….make sure you are serving water or milk as a beverage.
2) Swap a sugary, processed snack for fruit, vegetables or cheese.
3) Brush your teeth together – make this a family event and teach your children how to correctly care for their teeth
4) Floss your teeth together – flossing is such a dreaded part of the oral hygiene routine. Enforce that brushing and flossing go hand-in-hand! Create a sticker chart to keep track and to set a reminder!
Children love visiting Frankel Dentistry. We want you to as well.
Our Call Center will Guide You.
Take a deep breath!
Has it been a while since you’ve made an appointment to the dentist because you are too nervous to sit in the chair? You are not alone. Good oral hygiene is very important to your overall health and cannot be something that is skipped. We want to help you!
Jon Frankel, DDS
Dr. Frankel’s Tips for Managing Dental Anxiety
1) Bring a friend or family member to your appointment – this will give you comfort and keep you distracted.
Bring a Friend
2) Indulge in your favorite TV show or song to keep you distracted – our office is equipped with TVs for your entertainment.
You Select the Channel
3) Talk to us! You can schedule a free consultation to talk to the dentist and team about your fears.
We can discuss what may or may not be appropriate for you including sedatives, numbing agents and prescriptions.
It’s the new year! Happy 2018! Is getting a dental hygiene cleaning on your list of resolutions? Why do people procrastinate on scheduling cleanings? Cleanings are one of the best things you can do to stay healthy! If you have dental insurance benefits, most policies cover your hygiene cleanings — so it’s time for you to get your teeth cleaned! Prevention is less expensive than extensive dental work.
Frankel Dentistry sees patients every 3, 4, or 6 months. Patients may start at four visits per year and graduate to twice a year. Folks with health complications such as diabetes find more frequent visits very helpful. Some patients keep their smile in-check by maintaining their 3 month re-care, others do well visiting twice a year.
Here are a few of the Benefits of Getting Routine Hygiene Cleanings:
1) Professional cleanings remove plaque and calicified build-up.
2) Less plaque = less cavities
3) Less plaque = lower risk of gum disease
4) Regular cleanings help lower your risk of some diseases such as heart disease – early signs of these diseases can be detected in your mouth.
5) Less plaque = lower risk for needing extensive dental treatment such as a root canal, filling or crown, which saves you money
6) Frequent visits include instructions to keep your at-home cleanings fine tuned.
It’s still important to take care of your mouth at home and maintain strong oral health habits. Schedule a professional cleaning and oral exam. If you would like Frankel Dentistry’s Insurance Benefit Coordinator will check with your insurance to see what is covered.
Put your health first this year and make the appointment!
It almost sounded too good to be true. The marriage of the tooth cleaning jiggle of an ultrasonic toothbrush and a unique whitening solution. Micro-exploding, speed defying hydrogen peroxide quickly invading teeth and and leaving them sparkling white. Amazing!
Jon Frankel, DDS
Four shades in four minutes? Toledo dentist, Jon Frankel had to check it out. Ever since his father began practicing dentistry in 1946, the latest in technology and dental advances has been a hallmark of Frankel Dentistry. The dentists, hygienists, assistants and staff enjoyed a live uPhoria webinar. Immediately inundated with volunteers, Frankel held a drawing for the uPhoria Ultrasonic Teeth Whitening test procedure.
uPhoria Winner Dr. Gemma Hill
The winner was Dr. Gemma Hill. Her appointment was scheduled within minutes. Chair time start to finish, a brief 20 minutes.
Checking the Tooth Color or Shade
uPhoria 4 minute Teeth Whitening
uPhoria Teeth Whitening Procedure
“My gums were tingly, but I had no tooth sensitivity”, shared Dr. Hill. A week later, her smile is a solid 4 shades lighter and her gums feel great. Dr. Hill plans to offer the procedure to busy patients before a crown procedure. Crowns are designed to match teeth but once placed cannot be whitened.
uPhoria not only Whitens Teeth. They Stay White.
uPhoria Ultrasonic Teeth Whitening is ideal for the patient with light to moderate discoloration. “The procedure is an easy addition to a 6 month recare visit, if the office is given adequate notice”, adds Zach, senior scheduling coordinator.
uPhoria Ultrasonic Teeth Whitening has found a permanent home in this midwestern town. One thing for sure, everyone at Frankel Dentistry is smiling!
Stiff Jaw? Headaches? Pain in jaw muscles? Jaw pain can affect millions of people and if left untreated it can be a real pain. People may grind their teeth during the day and at night and not even know it. The clenching can cause your jaw to stiffen and trigger headaches that become chronic.
Who do you call?
Call the Dentist!
Another source of jaw pain is TMJ disorder. TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is when two joints slide out of alignment. Signs of TMY diorder may include: jaw locking or popping, jaw stiffness, achey/sore jaw, neck and face.
How can a dentist help?
Jon Frankel, DDS
Your dentist can help provide relief! Certain exercises may help relax your jaw. You may benefit from a special diet including soft foods. Ice packs may help. Another treatment option includes an oral appliance such as a splint or bit guard.