Many people fear going to the dentist because they assume they will be hit with a heavy bill due to dental work. In reality, going to the dentist regularly can save you money! It is important to put your health first – especially your oral health. It’s important to maintain healthy oral hygiene tips at home not only to achieve a healthy smile, but it also helps keep your dental expenses down.
Dr. Frankel and Team Share 5 Money Saving Tips:
- Floss! Floss is very inexpensive (roughly around $2) and is much less expensive than a filling.
2. Purchase new toothbrushes at least every quarter — stock up when there is a good sale! If you are using an old toothbrush, you are subjecting yourself to more germs and not getting a good quality brush due to the worn down bristles.
3. Drink water…water is the healthiest beverage for your entire body – especially your mouth.
4. Come in for your regular, professional cleanings and exams. Regular cleanings help you avoid future problems or help detect potential issues before they become expensive to repair.
5. Look into a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – you can pay for your bills with pre-tax dollars.
If your job offers you dental insurance, you are very fortunate to have group coverage. If you are looking for insurance coverage or have questions about billing, please contact our office – we are happy to go over any questions you may have!