Category Archive: Cosmetic Dentistry
Ever wonder how your favorite celebrity has such a perfect smile? Hollywood celebrities are known to flash their white, bright smiles on the red carpet. Did you know you can get the same procedures done to get the smile of your dreams? Dr. Frankel and Team specialize in cosmetic dentistry and personalized smiles.Here are the top 5 cosmetic dentistry procedures to smile like the stars:1) Teeth Whitening – our new patients actually receive a free whitening kit and free refills of gel with cleaning appointments.2) Veneers3) Cosmetic Dental Bonding4) Orthodontics and Invisalign5) Dental CrownsSchedule a free consultation with our team to discuss how you can achieve your hollywood smile.A healthy, bright smile can make a difference – keep your new year’s resolution promise to yourself!
Age is one factor that we can’t fight, although we really, really try. Truth be told, with all the other age defying tricks out there to help keep our youthful appearance, our smiles should not be one that we neglect.
- Tooth decay. Yes, we warn our children and grandchildren about too much sugar and cavities. But just because we are older doesn’t mean we are immune to tooth decay. It is important to still brush for two minutes twice a day, floss daily, and visit Dr. Frankel for an exam every six months. A clean, healthy, white smile is also a nice trick to help keep you looking young and vibrant.
- Dry mouth. As we age and are prescribed different medications, we may start to experience dry mouth. Saliva is important part of protecting our teeth from decay, therefore, a dry mouth could be detrimental toward our oral health. Make sure you are staying properly hydrated, and sip and swish water whenever you notice your mouth may be dry.
- Too crowding. Pre-teens are not the only ones who experience tooth crowding. As we age our teeth move and shift. This may cause our teeth to crowd. Crowded teeth give bacteria many places to hide, where our tooth brushes and floss may not reach effectively. This breeding ground for bacteria may lead to tooth decay or worse, gum disease.
- Gum disease. Gingivitis and periodontal disease effect nearly half of American adults, according to the American Academy of Periodontology. Periodontal disease is a chronic inflammatory disease, which left untreated can affect the gum tissue and lead to tooth loss. The Frankel Dentistry team has a practicing Periodontist on staff, who will be able to treat patients with gum disease. Although gum disease cannot be reversed, there are plenty of ways to manage it, keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
- Oral Cancer. 43,000 Americans are diagnosed each year with oral cancer and nearly 8,000 will die from it (Oral Cancer Foundation). It is best to catch oral cancer in the earliest stages. While at Frankel Dentistry we will do a comprehensive exam, including an oral cancer screening, which will help ensure that your mouth is healthy and cancer free.
Did you know that you can have a new smile in just 2 weeks? With Dr. Frankel. Toledo’s expert in smile makeovers, your dream smile is within reach. Dr. Frankel has performed hundreds of dental veneers cases, each one uniquely crafted to the individual wants and desires of the patient.
Check out our commercial for Dental Veneers:
Now we know you have questions, and Dr. Frankel has the answers. All you have to do is attend a FREE Veneers Seminar on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at the Talmadge Road office in Toledo from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Dinner will be included in the event.
During the event you will get to meet Dr. Frankel and have all of your questions answered. Current veneers patients will also be available to tell you what to expect during the process. And Pamela will be doing free digital smile makeover so you can see what your new smile will look like.
This can’t miss event has your name on it! Space is limited, so reverse your spot today by calling 419-474-9611.
Dental Veneers Patients
Three Reasons for a Smile Makeover
You Would Never Imagine
Okay, Dr. Frankel loves creating beautiful smiles. He has done lots of them. His hundreds of dental veneers patients have consistently had the same response to their smile makeovers, “Why didn’t I do this sooner?” But there is more. We have found three surprising benefits as a result of a beautiful new smile.
I am healthier.
A healthy mouth promotes a healthy body. Our cosmetic cases want to keep their beautiful new smiles. They schedule their preventative re-care visits and follow home care instructions. All that brushing and flossing has added benefits. Looking better never felt so good.
I am happier.
Hiding teeth, you are uncomfortable with, is stressful. Public speaking, photos with family and friends, even meeting someone new is hampered by a multitude of tricks used to obscure teeth. Tight lipped smiles, hands covering mouths and turning away, often deliver an unintended message. These behaviors maybe perceived as distant, uncaring or even deceitful. In reality the culprit is a smile in hiding due to misshaped, chipped, cracked or stained teeth.
In a quick two weeks veneers allow a beautiful balanced smile. The change is dramatic. Smiling is contagious and our cosmetic patients really bring it on. Their happiness is a gift they can not help but share.
Life simply got better.
When looking good and feeling great things just seem to happen. Smile makeovers are no guarantee but in our experience there seems to be a pattern. Life seems to bless those with an unending smile. Maybe without the constraint of hiding a smile, there is simply more time to shine.
Veneers create a naturally balanced smile. Each tooth designed to ideal proportions following your smile line and defining your individual look.
Veneers offer the opportunity to select a tooth shade that enhances your natural coloring.
The beauty of an idealized smile created with veneers is all in the design. Attractive, memorable yet completely natural veneers are virtually undetectable. No one will know why, they find your new look unforgettable.
Jon Frankel, DDS studied advanced cosmetic and restorative techniques because his patients wanted improved and enhanced smiles. Patients who were uncomfortable with their teeth seldom smiled, at times placed a hand over their mouth or just looked down. They were unaware of the message they sent or how it lead others to respond.
“A natural smile changes attitudes and so much more. It is almost as though the enhanced smile turns on a switch. My patients are instantly happier!”
Dr. Frankel’s Five Health Hints Hidden Behind a Smile
- Smiling makes you appear younger.
- Smiling releases endorphins and serotonin.
- Smiling lowers blood pressure.
- Smiling changes your mood.
- Smiling is catching.
The moment you walk in the Talmadge office of Dr. Jon Frankel, you know something is different. The subtle, soothing colors and the smiling patient gallery lining the hallways lend a sense of comfort and family. “It is the small things that make a big difference” comments Dr. Frankel.
Small things like offering every patient his cell phone number. Greeting each new patient personally and asking what is important to them. Then addressing their individual concerns before anything else.
Jonathan Frankel attended Ohio State Dental School as did his father, sister, aunt, uncle and two cousins. Dentistry and a family feeling are a natural for this Toledo native. Trained at the prestigious Rosenthal Institute of Cosmetic Dentistry in Manhattan and a member of the Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Dr. Frankel has treated hundreds of patients to beautiful smiles.
“Why didn’t I do this sooner?” comments Ann about her beautiful veneers. “I never thought I’d say this but I love coming to the dentist” says Brenda smiling.
The happiness of Jon Frankel’s patients can be seen in their photographs. The beautiful smiles are captured in professional photo shoots at the studio of Grand-Lubell Photography. Stevie Grand makes the experience effortless and fun. Bob Lubell is the creative genius behind Photo Booth Live. Photo Booth Live is a portable and interactive photo session available for events. Both can be found at www.grandlubell.com and photoboothlive.com.
Providing fun experiences such as photo sessions and General and Cosmetic Dentistry in a friendly, at home setting may be a “small thing” but for Dr. Frankel’s patients it makes a “big difference.”
Curious about Cosmetic Options regarding your Smile?
Mick Jagger had an emerald chip put in the middle of his upper right incisor, but people thought it was spinach. He changed it to a ruby until he got tired of people discussing the drop of blood on his tooth. Jagger finally settled on a diamond. (Mr. Jagger could have enjoyed a digital preview of his enhancements had he visited Dr. Jonathan Frankel.) Dr. Frankel offers complimentary cosmetic imaging creating a digital image of various smile options.
White Spots on Teeth
White spots on teeth have a variety of causes including nutrition, oral hygiene, tooth development, genetics and are often seen after braces are removed. Often the cause is decalcified enamel which may lead to decay.
Dr. Frankel offers MI Paste a professional dental product. Many of his patients have enjoyed a reversal in the white spots on their teeth. MI paste is also helpful for patients with sensitive teeth and those suffering from dry mouth syndrome.