Celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month with a New Change
February is Children’s Dental Health month. In honor of this topic, we encourage parent’s and caregivers to choose one healthy habit for their children to focus on changing. Parent’s and caregivers are the best examples for their children.
Here are some examples of healthy habits to focus on this month:
1) Think before you drink….make sure you are serving water or milk as a beverage.
2) Swap a sugary, processed snack for fruit, vegetables or cheese.
3) Brush your teeth together – make this a family event and teach your children how to correctly care for their teeth
4) Floss your teeth together – flossing is such a dreaded part of the oral hygiene routine. Enforce that brushing and flossing go hand-in-hand! Create a sticker chart to keep track and to set a reminder!
5) Educate them on what the dentist and his team do. Teach them the proper language used at the dentist. Here is a handy chart to get started!
Give kids a reason to smile and show off their bright smile!