Tooth be Told, We Love our Patients Healthy Mouth, Healthy Heart: Oral Health and Heart Disease Awareness
In observance of National Heart Month, it is also important to understand the link between a healthy mouth and a healthy heart. Brushing and flossing your teeth not only leads to a bright smile – studies have shown that oral health may provide warning signs for other conditions such as heart disease. For more information about how heart disease and oral health may be linked, please read the full article here.
Jon Frankel’s Healthy Mouth, Healthy Heart Tips:
- Visit your dentist regularly to identify gum disease early and remove bacteria, plaque and tartar
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly, especially with an ultrasonic electric toothbrush
- Make sure your dentist is up-to-date with any conditions and medications you are currently taking
- Treat and monitor gum disease right away
- Commit to a healthy lifestyle
Share this knowledge with a loved one this Valentine’s day to help keep their mouths and hearts healthy!
Schedule your next appointment online or call our office today.
Your Dental Family at Jon Frankel Dentistry