Prepare your Smile for Summer
Dr. Frankel’s 5 Tips for Keeping your Smile Bright this Summer
1. Favorite summertime foods and beverages unfortunately are packed with sugar. Sipping on water will not only keep you hydrated, but will help rinse the sugars out instead of sitting in your mouth.
2. School is out, so make sure to have your routine cleaning appointment booked while schedules are flexible!
3. Pack your pool or beach bag with healthy snacks, such as, apples, grapes and watermelon and limit sugary foods like fruit gummies and juices.
4. In addition to your SPF lotion, use an SPF lip balm to keep your lips protected from sunburns.
5. If you are playing a contact summer sport, make sure you wear a protective mouthguard.