ABC, 1-2-3, Brush!
February is devoted to children’s dental health. As parents, caregivers and health professionals, we should be committed to educating children about the importance of oral health and the lifelong benefits.
Here are some ways you can help promote dental health with your children:
- Be involved in their brushing routine — brush together as a family to some music!
- Encourage healthy eating and drinking — offer water with nutritious snacks.
- Take your child to the dentist for their checkups and cleanings.
- Play dentist at home and talk about what happens at their visit!
- Enjoy their smile. Talk about the importance of a beautiful, healthy smile. Take a photo. Put it where they can see it.
- Teach them about the importance of a healthy mouth and healthy body.
- Shop for a new toothbrush together – let them pick one out with their favorite character on it — try electric toothbrushes, too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37s1p_RP1qI