Growing Pain or Toothache
Has your child ever complained that their tooth hurt? We all know that children go through growing phases but sometime it it may be hard to tell the difference in growing pain and a real toothache — cavity on the rise.
Dr. Frankel offers these steps to tell the difference:
- Open wide…check inside their mouth to see if they have food stuck and need help flossing.
- Teething? Molars can be painful – give your child some pain reliever to see if that helps.
- Rinse with warm salt water and apply a cold compress to help with swelling/inflammation.
- Stay away from sticky foods and drink plenty of water.
- Schedule six month recare dental visits to spot small issues before they become problems.
If your child is still complaining or having difficulty eating, call our office to get an immediate appointment!