Guards = Better Sleep and Stronger Teeth
Do you find yourself waking up in the morning and not feeling rested? Does your jaw feel tight and sore as if you were chomping on bubble gum all night? Teeth grinding can happen at all hours of the day, but if you are unaware you are grinding a night guard can help.
Dr. Frankel urges patients to be evaluated for a night guard because:
- Night guards can help protect your teeth from tooth damage including chipped teeth, damage to fillings and excessive wear of the teeth.
- A custom fit night guard, made by your dentist, can guarantee perfect fit, so you can sleep and not be bothered by the guard in your mouth.
- Night guards can help ease facial muscle pain due to the strain in your jaw from grinding.
- Night guards can help reduce headaches and neck pain.
- It’s important to obtain a healthy night of sleep to maintain a healthy mouth and body.
If you feel you grind your teeth during the day, stop and try to be aware of when you do it. Touching your tongue to the roof of your mouth can help relax your jaw muscles.
Preserve your teeth not only when you brush them – call our office to get a consultation to discuss how a night guard can help you!